Anti-Racism for White People is a learning community for people interested in showing up as agents of racial justice.
This self-paced journey will support participants in learning, reflection, and action-taking to combat white supremacy and racism in our daily lives. Though this course is designed with the unique challenges of white identity in mind, everyone is welcome.
There are 10 modules, each with 2-3 hours of reading, reflection, and action planning. Participants can take the course at any pace that works for them, but we recommend committing at least 3 months (many participants choose to take a full year) to give ample time for reflection and integration of new concepts. The work of becoming anti-racist is a life-long journey of humbly learning new ways of seeing and being.
Through this course, you will:
- Identify the conditioning of white supremacy and its impact on your identity, perceptions, and behavior
- Explore mindsets, behaviors, and commitments that will enable you to more effectively take action for racial justice
- Hone your ability to have difficult conversations about white supremacy & racism
- Gain skills to identity and dismantle white supremacy culture as it shows up in the workplace
- Learn about the history and present-day realities of systemic racism
- Craft individualized strategies for being an agent of interpersonal, institutional, and systemic anti-racism
In this Self-Paced Course, participants will have access to all of the learning, reflection, and action-taking materials. You can take the course at the pace that works best for you, and you'll have lifetime access, as it will be continually updated. This option is a $295 one-time fee.
This course is offered through Social Venture Partners LA (SVPLA), an intersectional community of Angelenos who see and speak the truth of racial, economic, and social injustices, and who use their power to support the liberation of all people. We are a nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles, and we provide grants, training, and peer learning & healing spaces for proximate leaders of visionary social justice initiatives. All funds from this course fuel this work.
We are committed to creating access to this learning for the broadest community possible, so if the cost is prohibitive, please reach out to Christine at [email protected].